Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

iPhoneography: Friend or Foe?

      As a photographer, I have mixed feelings about smartphone applications Instagram, Hipstamatic and the like. On one hand, these applications bring photography and artistic expression to the masses. On the other hand, they somewhat blur the line between those with talent and those without.
       
        Refusing to be close-minded and allowing curiosity to overcome, I recently purchased an iPhone and downloaded a handful of creative photography apps. Over the last month or so, I have enjoyed chronicling my adventures with Instagram, capturing 360º panoramas with the aptly named 360 Panorama, and creating collages with Frames. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to disapprove of these "one-click" edits!








I'd love to hear from my fellow shutterbugs 
on this subject. How do you all feel about iPhoneography and its effect on our craft?

No comments:

Post a Comment