Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Beers of My Dreams

My apologies, I've been neglecting the blog. My wallet is a bit lacking these days; so, instead of reviews, here are a couple of brews I'd love to try.

As you may know by now, stout is my favorite style of beer. Flavored stouts, in particular, please my palate. Tampa's Cigar City Brewing released this year's Hunahpu Mayan Chocolate Imperial Stout just last month. It's described on the label as "stout aged on Peruvian cacao nibs, ancho and pasilla chiles, cinnamon, and Madagascar vanilla beans." I'd love to pair Hunahpu with a big slab of barbecue ribs. Only 3000 bottles were released. Maybe next year.   

While canned beer is not always my first choice, Mana Wheat from Maui Brewing Co. sounds like the perfect brew for a day at the beach. I'm a huge fan of hefeweizen, unfiltered Wheat beer, and this one is infused with pineapple. Yes, please! Does anyone know where I can find this on the Gulf Coast? 

No comments:

Post a Comment