Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I ♥ Beer

Just a few years ago, my experiences with beer were limited to Coors Light, Corona, and the like. I was not impressed. On May 22 of 2009, The Gourmet Beer Bill was passed in Alabama, raising the allowable alcohol by volume (ABV) from 6% to 13.9%. It was then that my eyes were opened to the glorious wonders of beer! These are some of my favorites (not all because I'm sure I left a few out).     

1. Abita Strawberry Harvest.  Abita Brewing Co., Louisiana.  4.2%ABV
2. Bison Organic Chocolate Stout.  Bison Brewing Co., California.  6.1%ABV
3. Guinness Extra Stout.  Guinness Ltd., Ireland.  6%ABV
4. Holy Mackerel Mack in Black.  Gordash Brewing Co., Florida.  8%ABV
5. Left Hand Good Juju.  Left Hand Brewing Co., Colorado.  4%ABV
6. Lindemans Framboise.  Brouwerij Lindemans, Belgium.  4%ABV
7. Negra Modelo.  Grupo Modelo S.A. de C.V., Mexico.  5.4%ABV
8. Newcastle Brown Ale.  Scottish & Newcastle UK Ltd., Scotland.  4.7%ABV
9. O'Fallon Wheach.  O'Fallon Brewery, Missouri.  5.1%ABV
10. Sierra Nevada Kellerweis Hefeweizen.  Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., California. 4.8%ABV
11. Sweaty Betty Blonde.  Boulder Beer/Wilderness Pub, Colorado.  5.9%ABV
12. Sweetwater Blue.  Sweetwater Brewing Co., Georgia.  4.9%ABV
13. Terrapin Midnight Project Depth Charge.  Terrapin Beer Co., Georgia.  7%ABV
14. Terrapin Side Project Pumpkinfest.  Terrapin Beer Co., Georgia.  6.1%ABV
15. Thomas Creek Orange Blossom Pilsner Squared. Thomas Creek Brewery, SC. 11%ABV
16. Wells Banana Bread Beer.  Wells & Young's Ltd., England.  5.2%ABV 

I encourage all of you to leave a comment regarding your favorite beer(s). I'm always interested in trying new brews. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment