Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Funky Furniture


Little Black Dresser
14”W x 46”H x10” D
MDF, Maple Veneer, Aluminum
Judson Beaumont
Straight Line Designs Inc

          Like me, you've probably looked at a plate of food or two and thought to yourself, "This is almost too pretty to eat." Ever seen a piece of furniture so elegant, you'd be hesitant to use it? Check out the Little Black Dresser (right) by Judson Beaumont of Straight Line Designs. It rocks my world with its sexy silhouette and asymmetrical "hemline". The hanger is a fabulous touch, and you already know how much I love wordplay. 
      
Bad Table
40” W x 18”H x 20” D
Western Maple, Maple Veneer, Aluminium
Judson Beaumont
Straight Line Designs Inc
         On the left is the first and only piece of furniture that has made me laugh. It's not exactly what many people would call "tasteful," but I think it's just great, definitely a conversation piece!



Together We Can
No.: DF1120
24''w x 84''h x 15''d
Vincent Leman
 All of these pieces have one awesome thing in common: personality! Kudos to anyone who can infuse such character into inanimate objects that we ordinarily take for granted. I don't know about you, but I'm inspired. That's one of the reasons I'm super excited to be participating in Mobile's first Funky Furniture Auction to benefit the Mobile Arts Council and the American Advertising Federation - Mobile Bay. I'll be funkifying a donated bookshelf  (left) to be auctioned off at the December Artwalk. Pick your own piece to funkify here

No comments:

Post a Comment