Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Inspiration: The '80s (Part One)


Rainbow Brite


As far back as I can recall, I've been addicted to color. After all, I grew up in a room with a rainbow mural. In true '80s style, I watched Rainbow Brite, played with My Little Pony and coveted all things Lisa Frank. Much of my art is influenced by these '80s icons. Rainbows, hearts, stars, unicorns, and lollipops are just a few of the '80s themes that inspire me today. 


Lisa Frank stickers





Donuts with Rainbow Sprinkles
© Sharon Whelton












Get out your Trapper Keeper and check out these vintage Lisa Frank stickers (right) with their adorable little munchies, like donuts and lollipops! As a photographer, I always keep an eye out for such tasty-looking treats, like "Donuts with Rainbow Sprinkles" (above) and "Pink and Yellow Unicorn Lollipop" (below).
Pink and Yellow Unicorn Lollipop
© Sharon Whelton





I've been building a lollipop collection in preparation for a photographic series featuring lovely ladies with lollipops to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can be sure that rainbows and stars will make an appearance or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment